|This article or section does not cite, or does not have enough references or sources.|
Please helpby introducing appropriate citations.
|104th Trainees Squad|
The 104th Trainees Squad is the only graduating class introduced in the series and the Southern division contains nearly all of the central characters.
The top ten of the class, those with the best grades, included, in order: Mikasa Ackerman, Reiner Braun, Bertolt Hoover, Annie Leonhart, Eren Yeager, Jean Kirstein, Marco Bott, Connie Springer, Sasha Blouse and Krista Lenz. As with all graduating classes, only those in top ten can apply to the Military Police, giving them the privilege of living in the Inner District. The 104th was disbanded at the end of the graduation ceremony.
Another one also not in the top ten, but is considered in it is Ymir. Her abilities are rumoured to easily surpass Krista Lenz's but because of unknown reasons she left the spot to her. However, it is rumored that during the final weeks of being apart of the 104th Trainees Squad, Ymir started slacking off to ensure Krista's spot in the top ten and allow her access to the Military Police.
Interestingly enough, the top five graduates (excluding Mikasa Ackerman) are known Titan shifters. And of all top ten graduates, only Annie Leonhart applied to the Military Police; Marco Bodt died and the other 8 joined the Survey Corps.
The anime states that there are 218 graduates of the 104th Trainees Squad. In Chapter 59 , it is revealed there are multiple divisions of the Trainees Squad. The central cast belong to the Southern branch, though it is unknown if the squads are divided North/South or along all four directions.
- Keith Shadis = Chief instructor
- Mikasa Ackerman 1st
- Reiner Braun 2nd
- Bertolt Hoover 3rd
- Annie Leonhart 4th
- Eren Yeager 5th
- Jean Kirstein 6th
- Marco Bott 7th
- Connie Springer 8th
- Sasha Blouse 9th
- Krista Lenz 10th
- Armin Arlert
- Thomas Wagner
- Hannah Diamant
- Franz Kefka
- Samuel Linke-Jackson
- Nac Tius
- Mylius Zeramuski
- Mina Carolina
- Marlo Sand - Top 10, not from the Southern Division
- Hitch Dreyse - Top 10, not from the Southern Division
- Boris Feulner - Top 10, not from the Southern Division
Instructor Shadis' Individual Trainee EvaluationsEdit
- Reiner Braun - "A strong soldier, physically and mentally. Excels at teamwork and is trusted by all of his comrades."
- Armin Arlert - "While lacking in physical strength, he's demonstrated an extraordinary aptitude for his studies."
- Annie Leonhart - "Her strike form is flawless, but she works poorly with others and tends to isolate herself."
- Bertolt Hoover - "He has great potential, but lacks initiative."
- Jean Kirstein - "A master of 3D Maneuvering Gear, his brash personality often causes friction with the team."
- Sasha Blouse - "She has unconventional, good instincts, but they make her unsuited for teamwork."
- Connie Springer - "He demonstrates superior physical agility, but lacks mental acuity."
- Mikasa Ackerman - "A master in all areas. Her talent is unprecedented and she is considered one of the best trainees in our history."
- Eren Yeager - "While not currently exceptional in a given area, his iron will has improved him drastically, and he possesses the greatest motivation out of all the trainees."