|This article or section does not cite, or does not have enough references or sources.|
Please helpby introducing appropriate citations.
|104th Trainees Squad|
The 104th Trainees Squad is the only graduating class introduced in the series and the Southern division contains nearly all of the central characters.
The top ten of the class, those with the best grades, included, in order: Mikasa Ackerman, Reiner Braun, Bertolt Hoover, Annie Leonhart, Eren Yeager, Jean Kirstein, Marco Bott, Connie Springer, Sasha Blouse and Krista Lenz. As with all graduating classes, only those in top ten can apply to the Military Police, giving them the privilege of living in the Inner District. The 104th was disbanded at the end of the graduation ceremony.
Another one also not in the top ten, but is considered in it is Ymir. Her abilities are rumored to easily surpass Krista Lenz's but because of unknown reasons she left the spot to her. However, it is rumored that during the final weeks of being apart of the 104th Trainees Squad, Ymir started slacking off to ensure Krista's spot in the top ten and allow her access to the Military Police.
- Keith Shadis - Chief instructor
- Mikasa Ackerman - 1st
- Reiner Braun - 2nd
- Bertolt Hoover - 3rd
- Annie Leonhart - 4th
- Eren Yeager - 5th
- Jean Kirstein - 6th
- Marco Bott - 7th
- Connie Springer - 8th
- Sasha Blouse - 9th
- Krista Lenz - 10th
- Armin Arlert
- Thomas Wagner
- Hannah Diamant
- Franz Kefka
- Samuel Linke-Jackson
- Nac Tius
- Mylius Zeramuski
- Mina Carolina
- Marlo Sand - Top 10, not from the Southern Division
- Hitch Dreyse - Top 10, not from the Southern Division
- Boris Feulner - Top 10, not from the Southern Division
Instructor Shadis' Individual Trainee EvaluationsEdit
- Reiner Braun - "A strong soldier, physically and mentally. And trusted by his comrades."
- Armin Arlert - "While lacking in physical strength, he's demonstrated an extraordinary aptitude for his studies."
- Annie Leonhart - "Her strike form is flawless, but she works poorly with others and tends to isolate herself."
- Bertolt Hoover - "He has great potential, but lacks initiative."
- Jean Kirstein - "A master of 3D Maneuver Gear, but his brash personality causes friction with the team."
- Sasha Blouse - "She has unconventional, good instincts, but they make her unsuited for teamwork."
- Connie Springer - "He demonstrates superior physical agility, but lacks mental acuity."
- Mikasa Ackerman - "A master of all subjects, and widely considered one of the best in our history."
- Eren Yeager - "He has no outstanding talents, but he's worked harder than anyone to improve his marks. And he is more motivated to attain his goal than anyone."
- Reiner Braun - "The mind and constitution of a grass-fed ox; respected by his comrades."
- Armin Arlert - "Built like a daffodil, but academically brilliant."
- Annie Leonhart - "Gifted with a sword, but does not exactly play well with others."
- Bertolt Hoover - "Heaps of native talent, but too mild-mannered."
- Jean Kirstein - "Head of the class on ODM, also an insufferable smart-ass with a hair-trigger temper."
- Sasha Blouse - "Unusually fine instincts, rarely shares them with her teammates."
- Connie Springer - "Agile on the switchbacks, a few sandwiches shy of a picnic."
- Mikasa Ackerman - "Model cadet; excels in everything. In fact, it's no overstatement to call the girl a genius."
- Eren Yeager - "Lackluster in the classroom, marginally better in the field, but driven by a sense of purpose that's almost terrifying."
- Four of the top five graduates are known Titan Shifters. The only exception is Mikasa Ackerman, the number one.
- Of all top ten graduates only Annie Leonhart applied to the Military Police. Marco Bott died before choosing a branch and the other 8 joined the Survey Corps.
- There's a total of 218 graduates of the 104th Trainees Squad Southern Division.
- It is stated that the main cast belong to the Southern branch. There are four divisions of the 104th operating within Wall Rose, one for each major district. Prior to the loss of Wall Maria, there were a total of eight divisions operated by the military.
- It is notable that Eren Yeager graduated into the Survey Corps several days before any of the other recruits chose their divisions.