|Former Affiliation||Survey Corps|
|Manga||Attack on Titan: No Regrets (prologue)|
|Anime||A Choice with No Regrets (Part 1)|
|Visual Novel||Mana Hirata|
Isabel Magnolia (イザベル・マグノリア Izaberu Magunoria?) was a character from Attack on Titan: No Regrets, and was one of Levi's companions prior to and after their joining the Survey Corps, the other being Farlan Church.
Isabel was a fairly young woman with green eyes. She wore her red-brown hair in two pigtails. At one point, she had longer hair as well as longer pigtails until she had one of the pigtails cut off by others who had lived in the Underground City. Prior to joining the Survey Corps, her typical attire consisted of a simple button shirt with a vest and knee-high boots.
Isabel was shown to be quite energetic, confident in her abilities, and the most cheerful of her companions. She was also quite headstrong, shown when she continued to struggle and insult the Survey Corps after she was initially captured. Isabel was quite prideful, as she stubbornly refused to tell Levi and Farlan the reason she came back home beaten and why one of her ponytails were chopped off.
She apparently did not know how to do math, as she stated that it was not as important as feeding yourself in the underground.
She also valued Levi as a brother figure and became emotional if Levi berated her.
StoryPrior to the fall of Wall Maria, Isabel was a delinquent, roaming the underground city of the capital alongside her companions Levi and Farlan Church. Before she met Levi and Farlan, she had lived among garbage in the underground. She somehow obtained 3D Maneuver Gear and has become quite skilled with it.
At a later time she, Levi, and Farlan are captured by Erwin Smith of the Survey Corps. Levi is blackmailed into joining the Survey Corps, while Isabel and Farlan choose to follow him and all three resolve to one day claw their way into a better life.In a flash back, Levi and Farlan sit in their lodging talking when Isabel stumbles in, bruised and beaten with one long pig tail and the other side of her hair short. When asked what happened she claims she fell but Levi questions if she went to see 'low life scum bags' and then asks what happened to her hair. She then flinches and runs off saying it will grow back. Farlan later hears her crying and muttering of killing those who cut her hair off. Levi then walks through the door with a knife covered with a cloth, and when Farlan asks if he had killed them he remains silent.
On her first expedition outside the walls, Isabel assisted Levi in taking down a Abnormal Titan. While displaying an energetic and bold attitude, in truth, she was overcome with fear but felt great courage and morale upon seeing Levi charge into battle.
The next day of the expedition, due to heavy rain, Levi takes the chance to hunt down Erwin; using the rain to his advantage. Despite wanting to join him, Levi forcibly demands that Isabel and Farlan leave Erwin to him, while stating Flagon and Sayram's odds are better with them there. After Levi leaves to find Erwin, five Titans attack the squad Isabel and Farlan are part of after devouring another squad.Along the way, Levi finds dead corpses and analyses them as Titan encounters. He realizes that several Titan's footprints were heading back to where he came from. Levi returns to find the Titans attacking the squad with Isabel and Farlan trying to avoid the battle. But as they're attempting to flee, a Titan jumps out of the fog causing Farlan's Horse to fall back onto his leg; pinning him to the ground. As Isabel tries to assist Farlan in his escape, she deflects the attack of one Titan. She swings around it in an attempt to cut it's nape, but misses. She gives it a second try, but slips face first into the Titan's back, knocking her off balance causing her to hang by one wire. Just barely coming to her senses she sees a Titan. She's gripped by fear as it smiles at her and prepares to attack. The Titan launches itself straight at her, killing her on the back of the Titan she was still attached to. She had been calling out to Levi for help, before being crushed in between both Titans. Her death causes Farlan to turn around and confront the Titans, but realizes too late that his fall had badly damaged his equipment and is devoured soon after.
Witnessing the deaths of the first true friends he ever had, Levi goes into blind rage and slaughters the Titans. Erwin shows up and Levi threatens to kill him, blaming Erwin for the deaths of his friends. However, Levi quickly realizes that it was his pride that had blinded him and was the real reason for Isabel and Farlan's deaths.
Isabel was a good horseback rider, easily able to switch from using her 3D Maneuver Gear and transition to riding a horse with ease. She claimed she was good with animals.
Isabel, along with Levi and Farlan, stole a Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear. They trained themselves and in time they became proficient with it. They were so good that they could evade Military Police easily, and they looked at it almost like a game.
In the anime adaptation, she is seen to learn to control the 3D Maneuver Gear after Levi and Farlan had mastered themselves. She seems clumsy at first but she finally masters it.
- Levi Ackerman: Levi found Isabel among some garbage in the underground prior to the beginning of the story. Ever since then, the two grew close with one another. So close, that Isabel even sees Levi as a brother figure, often calling him 'aniki' or 'Levi-aiki' meaning older brother. Levi is also extremely protective towards Isabel, even willing to kill some people who had harmed her and cut her hair. Isabel tends to take any criticism Levi sends to her very seriously, showing how much Levi's opinion matters to her. When Isabel died, Levi was devastated at the loss of his friends. Realizing how precious they were to him, he blamed himself for their loss.
- Farlan Church: Having nearly opposite personalities, Isabel and Farlan are often seen at odds with one another. Farlan is calm, level-headed, and knows when things are serious. Isabel, on the other hand, is incredibly hyperactive, persistent, and tends to lose focus easily. Despite that, they are close friends to each other and Levi. In their first battle against a Titan, the two are shown to be cooperative and synchronized in their attacks, showing that the bond between them is strong. Often, Farlan would lecture Isabel or try to be the voice of reason. When Isabel died, her death was what made Farlan stop running and face the Titans.
- Hange Zoë: When they first met, Isabel was somewhat uncomfortable with the curious Hange, but quickly developed a better opinion of her when she complimented Levi's skill. Hange got along with Isabel much more easily than with Levi or Farlan, even giving her some sweets as a gift, which Isabel was happy to accept.
- Isabel's name has Hebrew origins, and means "God's Promise." Her surname is reference to the Magnolia family of flowers.
- Isabel refers to Levi as "nii-chan/san" which means "older/big brother" in English. While they aren't related, it is common in Japan to refer to a slightly older male you respect, or are close with, as "nii-san."
|Squad Leaders||Hange Zoë · Mike Zacharius|
|Team Leaders||Dita Ness · Darius Baer-Varbrun|
|Special Operations Squad|| Eld Jinn · Petra Ral · Oluo Bozado · Gunther Schultz|
Eren Yeager · Historia Reiss · Mikasa Ackerman · Armin Arlert · Jean Kirstein · Connie Springer · Sasha Blouse
|Squad Members||Braun · Dieter · Gelgar · Henning · Ilse Langnar · Jurgen · Keiji · Lauda · Luke Siss · Lynne · Moblit Berner · Nanaba · Nifa · Pere · Thomas · Rashad · Marlo Freudenberg|
|Former Members||Bertolt Hoover · Keith Shadis · Reiner Braun · Ymir|
|Before the Fall members||Carlo Pikale · Sorum Humé · Kuklo · Jorge Pikale · Heath Munsell · Rolf|
|No Regrets members||Farlan Church · Isabel Magnolia · Flagon Darlett · Sayram|
|Live-Action Films members||Shikishima|