|This article or section does not cite, or does not have enough references or sources.|
Please helpby introducing appropriate citations.
|Manga||Attack on Titan: No Regrets (prologue)|
Isabel was a fairly young woman with green eyes and wore her red hair in two pigtails. At one point, she had longer hair as well as longer pigtails until she had one of the pigtails cut off by others who had lived in the Underground City. Prior to joining the Survey Corps, her typical attire consisted of a simple button shirt with a vest and knee-high boots.
Isabel was shown to be quite energetic, confident in her abilities, and the most cheerful of her companions. She was also quite headstrong, shown when she continued to struggle and insult the Survey Corps after she was initially captured.
She apparently did not know how to do math, as she stated that math was not as important as feeding yourself in the underground.
She also valued Levi as a brother figure and became emotional if Levi berated her.
Prior to the fall of Wall Maria, Isabel was a delinquent, roaming the underground city of the capital alongside her companions Levi and Farlan Church. Before she met Levi and Farlan, she had lived among garbage in the underground. She somehow obtains 3DMG and is captured by Erwin Smith of the Survey Corps. Levi is blackmailed into joining the Survey Corps, while Isabel and Farlan choose to follow him and all three resolve to one day claw their way into a better life.
On her first expedition outside the walls, Isabel assisted Levi in taking down a titan. While displaying an energetic and bold atitude, in truth, she was overcome with fear but felt great courage and morale upon seeing Levi charge into battle.
The next day of the expedition, due to heavy rain, Levi takes the chance to hunt down Erwin, using the rain to his advantage. Despite wanting to join him, Levi forcibly demands that Isabel and Farlan leave Erwin to him and sets off immedietly. After Levi leaves to find Erwin, five Titans attack the squad Isabel and Farlan are part of after devouring another squad, and most of the squad are killed or devoured. Along the way, Levi finds dead corpses and analyzes them as titan encounters. He realizes that several Titan's footprints were heading back to where he came from. Levi returns to find the Titans attacking the squad with Isabel and Farlan trying to avoid the battle, but as they flee, Farlan's horse falls along with Farlan because it tripped in the mud. As Isabel tries to assist Farlan in his escape, she uses her 3DMG and manages to avoid the grips of the Titans. However, as one gets a clear view of her, it trips and crashes into the Titan she had attached her 3DMG hooks into. As the Titans fall, Isabel calls out to Levi for help, before being crushed in between both Titans. Her death causes Farlan to turn around and confront the Titans, but realizes too late that his fall had badly damaged his equipment and is devoured soon after.
Witnessing the deaths of the first true friends he ever had, Levi goes into blind rage and slaughters the Titans. Erwin shows up and Levi threatens to kill him, blaming Erwin for the deaths of his friends. However, Levi quickly realizes that it was his pride that had blinded him and was the real reason for Isabel and Farlan's deaths.
- Levi Ackerman: Levi found Isabel among some garbage in the underground prior to the beginning of the story. Ever since then, the two grew close with one another. So close, that Isabel even sees Levi as a brother figure, often calling him as 'aniki'. Levi is also extremely protective towards Isabel, even willing to kill some people who had harmed her and cut her hair. Isabel tends to take seriously any criticism Levi sends her, showing how much Levi's opinion matters to her. When Isabel died, Levi was devastated at the lost of his friends, realizing how precious they were to him, and blamed himself for their loss.
- Farlan Church: Having nearly opposite personalities, Isabel and Farlan are often seen at odds with one another. Farlan is calm, level-headed, and knows when things are serious. Isabel, on the other hand, is incredibly hyperactive, persistant, and tends to lose focus easily. Despite that, they are close friends to each other and Levi. In their first battle against a Titan, the two are shown to be cooperative and synchronized in their attacks, showing that the bond between them is strong. Often, Farlan would lecture Isabel or try to be the voice of reason. When Isabel died, her death was what made Farlan stop running and face the Titans.
- Hange Zoe: When they first met, Isabel was somewhat uncomfortable with the curious Hange, but quickly developed a better opinion of her when she complimented Levi's skill. Hange got along with Isabel much more easily than with Levi or Farlan, even giving her some sweets as a gift, which Isabel was happy to accept.
- Isabel's name has Hebrew origins, and means "God's Promise." Her surname is reference to the Magnolia family of flowers.
- Isabel is voiced by Mana Hirata in Choice with No Regrets(Blu-Ray Visual Novel version).
- Isabel refers to Levi as "nii-chan/san" which means "older/big brother" in English. While they aren't related, it is common in Japan to refer to a slightly older male you respect, or are close with, as "nii-san."
|Squad Leaders||Mike Zacharius|
|Team Leaders||Dita Ness · Darius Baer-Varbrun|
|Special Operations Squad|| Eld Jinn · Petra Ral · Oluo Bozado · Gunther Schultz|
Eren Yeager · Historia Reiss · Mikasa Ackerman · Armin Arlert · Jean Kirstein · Connie Springer · Sasha Blouse
|Squad Members||Braun · Dieter · Gelgar · Henning · Ilse Langnar · Jurgen · Keiji · Lauda · Luke Siss · Lynne · Moblit Berner · Nanaba · Nifa · Pere · Thomas|
|Former Members||Bertolt Hoover · Erwin Smith · Keith Shadis · Reiner Braun · Ymir|
|Before the Fall members||Carlo Pikale · Sorum Humé · Kuklo|